Wednesday, March 23, 2011

GuacaMowldsy!!!

This was truly delicious! 
If like me you would murder for a good bit of guacamole then you'll love this. It's a recipe I knicked off of Thomasina Miers (Original Master chef UK winner). She has a book on Mexican food that I'm in LOVE with at the moment.

I've always had a soft spot for a burrito or two but I could never really make great guacamole. Now I can!!! The key to this is to make a fine paste with your onion and chillies first and then to add mountains of lime juice and coriander....No problem!

I used mine on a chicken club sandwich I made for lunch and then kept the rest for chips and dip with Pino later that night. It didn't last very long but it was well worth it. 


Ingredients: 
2 ripe havas avocado
1 lime,  juice (and a bit of zest)
1 small red onion
2 red chillies
1 small bunch of coriander
salt and pepper to taste.


The how to bit.....
Finely dice half of the red onion and one red chilli. Place them into the pastel and mortar with some salt and bash into a  smooth paste. Once you have your paste, mash in the avocados and mix in the rest of the finely dice onions and chillies.
Squeeze the lime juice on top, add some chopped coriander and mix it all together.
Chilli and onion paste
I like mine a bit on the chunky side so I tend not to over mash the avocados.

So once again sorry for the quick and cheeky blog but I'm still very much trying to get myself settled after the move. Also it seems that I bought all of IKEA last week and now have a mountain of things that need assembling. Anyone want to help?

1 comment: